Local Government / Pounds / Rangers
To see the list of Local Governments and Pounds that Lost Pet Finders enjoys a close relationship with click on the links below relevant to your state. Remember you may only have as little as 3 days to collect your dog and it can be even less for a cat. Check with your local council for their holding times and always go and visit the shelters. Descriptions can be misleading.
It is law that you notify your local council that your pet is missing.
- New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
You might also be interested in:
- LPF’s Top 10 Pet Finding Tips
- What to do with a found pet
- Microchips and Lost Pets
- Some important ANIMAL LEGISLATION in your state.
- Scam Watch
Pet Alert tips:
- Searching for a lost dog
- Searching for a lost cat
- Searching for a lost bird
- Searching for a lost pet